cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stream: how to authorize a group

Hi!

For testing purposes I run QlikSense in a Virtual Machine with local users+groups.

I have synchronized the local directory with the QMC.

When I now create a new Stream called "Management Apps" I want to authorize the local group "Management Dashboard".

How can I achive this?

From my testing "user.userID" works for single user values (in my example the user "europe"). But how can I utilize existing groups? See screenshot below:

Small side question: What is the "Create" Checkbox good for? It's always disabled in my case! How can I enable this checkbox?

thx,

Roland

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Roland -

In regards to your original question about the group attributes from the local directory, these are know limitations that have been entered as feature improvements for future releases.

• The local UDC will only import users it will not import the groups.
  • And the create option gets greyed out if you select a template.

The work-around in not to use the resource template, but to add the resource filter manually and then this will let you select the create action.

In regards to Active Directory - it is a frequent request to let people define which attributes that we should bring in from an AD (org, country, phone …) so this has been also added as an enhancement, but currently we only bring in group and e-mail from AD.

If you would be so kind to please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Roland - I am not sure if this is possible with local users and groups - I believe this is possible when you create a user directory connection to a Active Directory - where the additional attributes should display in the list for the users.

Have you attempted to setup a User Directory Connector?

I am also performing this task and will provide you with some additional feedback. I will also clarify this information with a colleague, he may chime in if necessary.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Fredrik_Lautrup
Employee
Employee

It is a bug that the create check box is greyed out in the templates. A work around is to not select a template and add the resource filter manually which will let you select the create box.

//Fredrik

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Roland -

In regards to your original question about the group attributes from the local directory, these are know limitations that have been entered as feature improvements for future releases.

• The local UDC will only import users it will not import the groups.
  • And the create option gets greyed out if you select a template.

The work-around in not to use the resource template, but to add the resource filter manually and then this will let you select the create action.

In regards to Active Directory - it is a frequent request to let people define which attributes that we should bring in from an AD (org, country, phone …) so this has been also added as an enhancement, but currently we only bring in group and e-mail from AD.

If you would be so kind to please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi fredrik&michael!

Thx for the response!

When I understand you correctly I don't need to submit a Support-Ticket as both issues ("Create" disabled, Local Groups) are already known by R&D?

Thx,

Roland

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi  Roland - correct - you do not need to file a ticket.

Kind Regards,

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik