Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Slider/Calendar Object - days of the week order?

I just noticed something about the Slider / Calendar object...

If I add an object to my document, make it a Calendar and assign it to a date varliable.

Then...click on the calendar icon to bring up the calendar date selector...

The leftmost day seems to be a Monday, not a Sunday (which is the US Standard).

Does anyone know of a way to make the calendar date selector look like a "real" calendar?

Because my users in the US aren't going to realize that the leftmost date is supposed to be a Monday.

Any help appreciated, etc.

1 Reply
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Currently, there's no direct way that I'm aware of. We're kind of weird here in the US, and a few of the QlikView functions don't support us, and neither does the calendar object. However, if you're willing to add some complexity, here's my attempt to make a US "calendar object" that looks and behaves very similarly to QlikView's. Perhaps it will do the trick for you. I can find the original post where I explain how it works if it does look like something you want.

You may also want to suggest on the customer portal that being able to state which day the week starts with on the normal calendar object would be helpful for US customers. Maybe it's an easy feature to deliver, and they just haven't thought of it, and if someone suggests it and a few people vote for it, maybe it would be in a future release.