Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ingridmerx
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlikview personal/desktop for Citrix clients

We have a licensed Qlikview version 11 on a windows server. My user account was added as licensed user.

I can open and work with qvw files with no problems when I use Qlikview in a rdp session on this server.

Now more licensed user accounts have to work with qlikview, so I installed qlikview desktop version on our citrix servers.

Everytime they open their qvw file they have to repair the file. When they logout and login, start qlikview again and open the same file then again they have to repaire the file (after 4 times this ends because it is no longer possible).

How should I configure the desktop version of qlickview so this will not happen anymore?

12 Replies
ingridmerx
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Peter,

That is not how Citrix is used/configured in our situation. All applications are virtualised with MS App-V and can (and should) be able to be started on every machine since users never logon to the same Citrix machine. Of course we could redirect the specific named users to one machine, but then we would create an exception to our policy. If we did this with every licensing troublesome application we had to make too many exceptions (we have delt with these problems before).

Yes we have named CALs.

ingridmerx
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Bill, I will ask my account manager about this possibility.

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi ingridmerx

That would be better. Please share us once you get the details. Thanks in advance.