Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nicole-Smith

NPrinting hangs on failed verify filter

I have an NPrinting Excel report with a table that I apply a filter to. 

The filter has three fields associated to it, all with "Verify filter" checked:

Numeric_Year_Month: text(date(today()-1,'YYYY-MM'))

Survey_Score: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Contact_Full_Name: Joe Smith, John Smith, Jane Smith

Surveys have not yet been answered for this month, so the Survey_Score verify filter fails.  Normally NPrinting would just skip over this table, not include it in the report, and keep going.  However, it just hangs and never continues.  Has anyone hit this before and do you have any idea how to fix it?

Note: I cannot add the filter at the report level.  It needs to be at the table/chart level because there are other things that are added to the report that do not use this filter.

3 Replies
Not applicable

you said 'Normally NPrinting would just skip over this table, not include it in the report, and keep going. ' - have you used this filter before and all of a sudden it is not working or is that based on your experience with other filters (as that is the correct way it should work).

Does the filter hang when you run the task or does it fail on a preview?

Is it possible the filter is incorrect so the system does not think there is a filter and it is doing everything instead of nothing (I have run into that issue before when there is an error in a filter)

Frank_S
Support
Support

We've tested the issue you reported and cannot reproduce the issue.Capture.PNG

As you can see in the task above, the formula you are using works correctly with verify filter and it works normally.

If you are previewing in the Template Editor, you will get a verify filter message...this is normal when previewing in the template editor and if you have a filter that has verify filter attribute.

Finally you should only use 'evaluate' with the verify filter option. Do not use 'is numeric' in this case.

If you are experience technical support issues, please contact the Qlik Support Desk at the link below:

Technical Product Support | Qlik

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Nicole-Smith
Author

Adam Krepistman wrote:

you said 'Normally NPrinting would just skip over this table, not include it in the report, and keep going. ' - have you used this filter before and all of a sudden it is not working or is that based on your experience with other filters (as that is the correct way it should work).

I have used other filters the same way and that is how they have always worked.

Adam Krepistman wrote:

Does the filter hang when you run the task or does it fail on a preview?

It hangs on the task.

Adam Krepistman wrote:

Is it possible the filter is incorrect so the system does not think there is a filter and it is doing everything instead of nothing (I have run into that issue before when there is an error in a filter)

The filter is not incorrect because it worked when there was data for last month.  It searches for the right thing, it just hangs when the verify filter fails on the task.