Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikSense - Dynamic Title when using Drilldown

Hi!  I am an new to QlikSense but a QlikView veteran.  I am looking for a way to dynamically change the title of a drill down chart as I drill down.  For example.  I have created a Master Drill Down Dimension of Commodity Group, Major Commodity and Minor Commodity.  As a user drills down to each level, we would like the title to change, to guide them if you will.  I know this can't be done in the "title" but perhaps through an expression in a text box?  However, not sure how to refer to each of the drill down levels i.e. Dim1, Dim2, Dim3.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
prabhuappu
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

The GetCurrentField() function is not supported in Qliksense. But there is a workaround to achieve this using the below expression.

I have created a drill down group with Year, Quarter and Month fields. Use the below expression to dynamically get the current active field,

if(GetSelectedCount(Year)=1 or Count(DISTINCT Year)=1, 'Quarter',

if(GetSelectedCount(Quarter)=1 or Count(DISTINCT Quarter)=1, 'Month',

'Year'))

community4.PNG

community5.PNG

Regards,

Prabhu Appu

View solution in original post

5 Replies
prabhuappu
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

The GetCurrentField() function is not supported in Qliksense. But there is a workaround to achieve this using the below expression.

I have created a drill down group with Year, Quarter and Month fields. Use the below expression to dynamically get the current active field,

if(GetSelectedCount(Year)=1 or Count(DISTINCT Year)=1, 'Quarter',

if(GetSelectedCount(Quarter)=1 or Count(DISTINCT Quarter)=1, 'Month',

'Year'))

community4.PNG

community5.PNG

Regards,

Prabhu Appu

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Ruth,

Adding on to what Prabhu mentioned, the getCurrentSelections() function will give you the current sections applied.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Hi Ruth

Try using a cyclical approach if changing the context of your chart is important.  In this example I used a extension called qsvariable to use the same space to present the measure in different context.

Makes Sense to go round in circles

Drill down doesn't and in my opinion should have a better way of presenting labels at the moment.

Regards

Andy

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Prabhu and Sangram!  These were both great suggestions; however I went with Current Selections!  Thank you again for the quick reply.  Andy, great article...  thank you as well!  I agree with you that there could be a better way for presenting labels  🙂 

Thanks again for all the responses!

Ruth

Not applicable
Author

My apologies for the confusion in Marking the correct answer vs helpful.  🙂