Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexandermorale
Contributor II
Contributor II

Section access after a domain chage

Hi I need some help, here's the situation, my qlik app has section access enabled with my domain name user as admin, but after the domain of my company was changed obviously I can't open the file anymore, I tried to log on the old domain but in tha scenario then qlikview appears as personal edition and says that the file was recovered many times than the personal edition allows and i can't open it.

Any idea to recover the file?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
alexandermorale
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

That's right i got the message that the document was created at another computer and has been converted too many times. Finally I did the qlikserver installation on the old domain, got the lease and removed section access.

Thank you

View solution in original post

9 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Can you login as the local QV service user? I assume and hope you have added this account to section access.

edit:

Also if you are still able to login with the old account, but you only get a personal edition license, maybe you just need to get a leased licence from the server as this user, then open the QVW with section access.

alexandermorale
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Unfortunately I didn't, the old domain server isn't in the same network as the qlik server thats why i can't get the lease, so I'm thinking to configure another qlik server in the old domain just to get the lease and fix the section access.

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi alexander

As Swuelh said, you have to lease license from server

https://community.qlik.com/thread/138811

Good Luck

Fernando K.

dgreenberg
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Ping me if you are totally stuck.  I can help.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Maybe you don't need a license to open, reload and save the document without section access.

Get a pc in the old domain with a logon that is present as ADMIN in the section access table of the document you want to "recover". Make sure that this pc never had QV Desktop installed, or has some recovery attempts left. Open the document as the ADMIN user (recovering its content along the way), edit the script, disable Section Access by putting this single statement in comments and reload. Store the document.

AFAIK Section Accesss and License management don't interfere, so even without license but still using the original NT identity, you should be able to get in. No need to install a QVS.

Best,

Peter

alexandermorale
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you, that was my first approach but I got the same.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You mean, you did use a PC in the old domain on which you never logged on before, authenticated using your old NT account (the one from section access ADMIN user), installed a  brandnew QV Desktop, started it up in PE mode and tried to open your document using a single recovery attempt?

If so, then what error did you get?

alexandermorale
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

That's right i got the message that the document was created at another computer and has been converted too many times. Finally I did the qlikserver installation on the old domain, got the lease and removed section access.

Thank you

dinuwanbr
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Is your problem solved or what?

BR,

Dinu1