Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to enable duplicates in Qlikview?

Hi All,

I have a situation in which not all the data is being shown in the table. The reason being out of limited knowledge of Qlikview is the table is blocking duplicate values for the lines that have more than one value inherent and the result is shown as a - null value even though it is not it has more than one value. I want to enable duplicates in straight table so the data which has more than one value attached to it can be shown.

Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Dec revenue which was not there in Nov? Sorry, I don't understand this.

You would need to filter on a field that has potential relations to both months and can be used as dimension to filter your revenue, like Customer, Article, etc. 'money' doesn't seem to provide this property.

And you need to use an outer aggregation function to aggr(), probably sum.

Something like

=Sum(

<Customer = p({<month ={12}>}) -  p({<month = {11} >}), month = {12} >}

Aggr( Sum({<Customer = p({<month ={12}>}) -  p({<month = {11} >}), month = {12} >} Sales), Customer))

View solution in original post

7 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

In general, use aggregation functions in expressions:

Use Aggregation Functions!

Candidate functions could be Sum(), Avg(), Concat(), FirstSortedValue(), ...

Just check the HELP for chart aggregation functions.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

In a Straight Table you could count and display the duplicate count with an expression like this :

Count( [Dec Internal...])

Then you won't waste screen real estate repeating identical rows, but still easily be able to eyeball which rows have duplicates.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

We process health care claims and often have a transaction where one bit of data needs to be changed, such as a revenue code.  A void transaction is created and then the new transaction is re-entered with the same basic data.  So, when we go to run our chart, both of the positive transactions are duplicated and are considered one by QV. This seems to be your dilemma.  Both of our positive transactions had the same data, so...

We overcame this problem by using the RecNo() function in our load script.  Just make it the first row when you are loading the data and it will make each record contain a unique number.

RecNo.PNG

This is our solution, there likely are other creative solutions out there.

HTH

Mike

maxgro
MVP
MVP

you can

- change your dimension so you don't have duplicate values; ie you can use a unique field (id, counter, etc...) as dimension

- or use the concat function (concat(field, separator)) to display many values in the same cell 

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

All of your above respected suggestions about the null values doesn't seem to work, the count function provides how many values are attached to the customer Internal ID but doesn't show each of the respected values. The formula which was provided by swehul for the difference of customers of Dec which were not there in the month of Nov works fantastic. Is there any formula I can use to get the difference of revenue between the two months....Dec revenue which was not there in the month of Nov.

The formula I am trying is shown below but doesn't seem to display the revenue values.

=Aggr(Only({<money = p({<month ={12}>}) -  p({<month = {11} >}) >} money), money)

Thanks for your time everyone.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Dec revenue which was not there in Nov? Sorry, I don't understand this.

You would need to filter on a field that has potential relations to both months and can be used as dimension to filter your revenue, like Customer, Article, etc. 'money' doesn't seem to provide this property.

And you need to use an outer aggregation function to aggr(), probably sum.

Something like

=Sum(

<Customer = p({<month ={12}>}) -  p({<month = {11} >}), month = {12} >}

Aggr( Sum({<Customer = p({<month ={12}>}) -  p({<month = {11} >}), month = {12} >} Sales), Customer))

HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Hi,

Do check this,

NULL handling in QlikView

-Hirish

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”