Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datajunkie1000
Contributor III
Contributor III

Choosing Which Remote Engine Executes a Job

Hi All

I have two runtime servers each running a remote engine with the same DI Job task installed on both. In TMC. I can schedule the Job to run on one of the servers on Mon, Wed and Fri and on a different server on Tue and Thur.

Ideally I'd like the TMC to:

• Automatically alternate the remote engine each day
  • Retry a Job on the other remote engine if the Job fails.
  • Detect if a remote engine was unavailable and automatically select the other one to execute the Job.

Is this possible?

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
datajunkie1000
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks. This looks like what I need

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Conor McCormick​ , I think you need to create remote engine cluster, please refer to the documentation Creating Remote Engine clusters

Regards

Shong

datajunkie1000
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks. This looks like what I need

datajunkie1000
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

One further question. The documentation states that "You can only select Remote Engines from the same environment where your cluster is". Does this mean that a remote engine on a different server cannot be added into the cluster? If so, how could TMC manage jobs across multiple servers?

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can select remote engine on a different server, here environment is the TMC environment, there is a TMC environment concept.

0695b00000F7a0uAAB.png

datajunkie1000
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi

In my configuration I have two Integration environments: Integration and Integration_2.

0695b00000F7gfAAAR.png I want to create a cluster that includes two remote engines, one from Integration and one from Integration_2.

What are the steps I need to take to do this? When I try and select a remote engine I can only see remote engines that belong to the environment where the cluster has been created so in the screenshot below I have created a cluster on Integration and can only select the remote engine on that env.

0695b00000F7gfKAAR.png