Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sushantk19
Creator
Creator

Connection timeout error when i run the Talend jobs on remote server/ TMC tool

Hello,

My talend jobs fail when i run them on TMC tool with the below error:

tDBOutput_1 [Amazon](500150) Error setting/closing connection: Connection timed out.

java.sql.SQLException: [Amazon](500150) Error setting/closing connection: Connection timed out.

at com.amazon.redshift.client.PGClient.connect(Unknown Source).

when i run the job with Target exec as "Localhost" it works fine, but when i run the job using Target exec as my remote server engine, then it fails. It also fails when i try to run through TMC tool. Please suggest what could be the issue? I am new to talend and have very limited knowledge on Admin side.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sushantk19
Creator
Creator
Author

@Xiaodi Shi​ : This was taken care by my IT team. I guess some ports were opened/whitelisted which were causing the above issue.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Are your selected Remote Engine running well? The setting screenshots of your remote server will be helpful for us to address your issue.

Best regards

Sabrina

sushantk19
Creator
Creator
Author

@Xiaodi Shi​ : I am checking that with my local IT team here. My guess is that remote server should be working fine.what screenshots of the remote server do you need? FYI i dont have access to remote server . I can share the screenshots of my Talend Job if you want.

sushantk19
Creator
Creator
Author

@Xiaodi Shi​ : could there be any other reason that i am getting this error?

Step a4fe4d15-0fd3-497a-96de-0ea0e4e5e9c3 failed with code -1 and error Job stopped with errors or unable to run. Exception in component tDBOutput_1 (job_Staging_000_sylius_promotion) java.sql.SQLException: [Amazon](500150) Error setting/closing connection: Connection timed out.

sushantk19
Creator
Creator
Author

this issue is resolved by our IT team.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Thanks for letting us know that this issue is fixed. It would be great if you could share the solution with us on community.

Best regards

Sabrina

sushantk19
Creator
Creator
Author

@Xiaodi Shi​ : This was taken care by my IT team. I guess some ports were opened/whitelisted which were causing the above issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

With the same as I think and thanks for your feedback. I have selected it as Best.

Best regards

Sabrina