Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DNguyen1628280781
Contributor
Contributor

Do you know how Remote Engine and TMC talk to each other

Do you know how Remote Engine and TMC talk to each other? I know that Remote Engine needs to pair with TMC to work. But I need to know more detail.

How does TMC trigger a cron job running on Remote Engine every 15 minutes?

How does TMC knows if a job is running or stopped in Remote Engine?

and so on

I guess Remote Engine has a background service or opened port so that TMC can talk to Remote Engine.

Do you know about the detail of that? Is there any hidden services running in the

background

in Remote Engine

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please let us know if this online user guide with workflow chart helps?

https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/Cloud/management-console-user-guide/tmc-ug

Best regards

Sabrina

DNguyen1628280781
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for your reply. I read this this chart before and understand it. This chart only tell you that TMC can run jobs on RE. But my question is more about the detail of background service or opened port that is running in RE? if any, please let me know detail of that service or port.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

We will report your requirement about the detail of background service or opened port that is running in RE to our DOCT team and then come back to you as soon as we can.

Best regards

Sabrina

jan_terje
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

This document probably contains the info you are looking for:

https://info.talend.com/rs/347-IAT-677/images/WP_EN_IP_Talend_Integrate_Data_Securely_RB.pdf

Quote from the document:

Talend Cloud Data Fabric never initiates connections to Remote Engines. Remote Engines always initiate outbound connections to Talend. Once a connection is established, all data is sent encrypted over HTTPS.

BR,

Jan Terje