Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to put job on HOLD in TAC

Hi,

I have an execution plan named "Incremental_Load", in this plan I have 3 jobs (Job1, job2 and job3).

I want to put hold on job2. i.e. when I run "Incremental_Load", only job1, job3 should get executed. Job2 should not get executed. 

Please let me know how can i do this in TAC.

Labels (2)
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi durga5
Execution plan supports 3 types of triggers: onError, onOK and after, so it impossible to hold on a job. I am interesting in why you need to hold on job2, the execution of job2 based on the execution result of other jobs? Can you please give more information about your requirement? Maybe you can achieve it through one job?

Regards
Shong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have already scheduled all the jobs in execution plan as parallel execution. Due to an issue with 1 job, I want to place hold on that job. 

Eg: I do not want that job to be executed at all whether previous job is succesful or in errored(as I am not sure whether remaining jobs will be successful or failures).

Thanks,

Durga Devi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am looking at an option like in Informatica, we can place job on "Hold".

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi durga5
Sorry, I don't know much about Hold functionality in informatica. I would like to know what circumstances job2 will be executed if you put 3 jobs in the same execution plan.

Regards
Shong

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have created an execution plan(named as "EP") as timebased trigger. In that i have 3 tasks as parallel execution. I am facing issue with 1 job daily. 

Eg: EP will trigger daily at 23:00 PST. When this triggers all the tasks in this execution plan will start execution. My requirement is I do not want 1 job to be executed whether previous jobs are success or failure. In this case what needs to be done?

Is removing job from Execution Plan the only alternative? If we are removing task from exeuction plan. then after few days if we want to that task(job2) as well then manually we need to create another task in the execution plan? is this correct?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi 

Yes, you have to remove the task (job2) from the execution plan, because there is no dependency between them. Add another execution plan for task(job2) if needed or just schedule the job2 in Job Conductor. 

Regards

Shong