Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrissuen
Contributor II
Contributor II

Publishing a job with a subjob to Talend Integration cloud errors when running

I currently have jobs running fine on TIC but when I try to Publish to Cloud a job with a subjob in it, it errors out.

It just says:

FAILED:
Step 092310ee... failed with code -1 and error Job stopped with errors or unable to run.

No logs.  Any help?
Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chrissuen
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Shong

I'm using 6.3 studio and works fine.  I think the issue was that I cannot set the context variables on the sub job.  I attached a screenshot below.

0683p000009LtyR.png

So I made a copy of all the context variables in the parent job and passed it via the "transmit whole context" option in tRunJob.  I also checked the "Use an independent process to run subjob" on tRunJob and looks its working now.

0683p000009Ltyp.png

Any references on how to do this properly or did I just get lucky?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi chrissuen
First, make sure the job has no compilation error and it is able to run in studio. Which version of TIC are you using? Would you mind providing the job or external information for us to reproduce the problem?

Regards
Shong
chrissuen
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Shong

I'm using 6.3 studio and works fine.  I think the issue was that I cannot set the context variables on the sub job.  I attached a screenshot below.

0683p000009LtyR.png

So I made a copy of all the context variables in the parent job and passed it via the "transmit whole context" option in tRunJob.  I also checked the "Use an independent process to run subjob" on tRunJob and looks its working now.

0683p000009Ltyp.png

Any references on how to do this properly or did I just get lucky?