Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YannickM
Contributor
Contributor

Talend Remote Engine Logs

Hi Community,

Problem: I have a task in the Talend Cloud, which fails with:

Task 60b0f21953804a261a8449a3/1.2 failed unexpectedly.

org.talend.ipaas.rt.flow.controller.impl.FlowExecutionException: Step 8783be58-18b1-40fb-a16f-5cd9ae3f9c91 failed with code -1 and error Job stopped with errors or unable to run. (check the task execution logs for the error details)

at org.talend.ipaas.rt.flow.controller.impl.JobControllerImpl.doRun(JobControllerImpl.java:167) ~[bundleFile:?]

at org.talend.ipaas.rt.flow.controller.impl.AbstractControllerImpl.lambda$run$0(AbstractControllerImpl.java:106) [bundleFile:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834) [?:?]

Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Job stopped with errors or unable to run. (check the task execution logs for the error details)

... 3 more

I tried out the Talend API to get some further logs:

https://api.eu.cloud.talend.com/tmc/swagger/swagger-ui.html# /

But there was no further details. (Do I miss anythere?)

After telling the Talend Support about this problem, they adviced me to look into the Remote Engine Logs. There, I found my problem that there was not enough RAM.

My Question: Is there a nice way (like the Talend API) to get these Remote Engine Logs? I don't want to connect to the remote engine all the time.

Regards

Labels (3)
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Through the swagger API you can only pull the status of the remote engine but not the logs for the remote engine like the karaf.log file. (<remote engine installation directory>\data\log). You can use this API call though to 'executions :: logs' to get logging details of a specific task but if the logs are not present in the TMC then you will have to go to the remote engine and retrieve the logging details from the source (${karaf.base}/TalendJobServersFiles)

However I would recommend upgrading to the latest RE 2.10.6 as there are many logging fixes.

The Swagger API: https://api.us.cloud.talend.com/tmc/swagger/swagger-ui.html