Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Talend administrater center queries for Talend Enterprise Data Quality

We got a copy of Talend Enterprise Data Quality Big Data edition 5.1.2.. After installing we are getting following issues.
1) When we login into talend administration center , it is showing only AMC url in ?DASHBOARD? section . When we hit that URL, it is not opening any web interface of AMC. Are we missing any configuration here . Note we did the talend installation with ?Talend-Installer-r90681-V5.1.2-installer.zip?.
2) In talend administration center, job conductor just showing path for job logs, but as per user guide it should show other options like ?SERVERS? where we can add or edit job execution server details
3) How can we connect talend studio to existing user created in talend administration center. It seems that when we open a talend open studio from different machine , it needs a different user to open.
4) It has a user limit of 10 . Can we delete the existing users and add new user within that limit.
Please help us in resolving these

Labels (4)
11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
1. There are also an application called Talend-AMC_Web-rxxxxxx-Vx.x.x.zip, this is web interface of AMC, you need install it as you installed talend administration center.
2. You can add or edit Job Server in Server tab under Job Conductor. see my screenshot.
3. Yes, a user can only login in one Talend Studio.
4. Yes.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

please see the inline comments below for the answers provided in last post :--
1. There are also an application called Talend-AMC_Web-rxxxxxx-Vx.x.x.zip, this is web interface of AMC, you need install it as you installed talend administration center
:-- yes Talend-AMC_Web-r90681-V5.1.2 we have installed it as along with talend administrator center. It also created the "amc" folder in the tomcat/webapp. but when we try to access the url (http://server-ip:8080/amc), it shows error "The requested resource (ProxyServlet: /amc) is not available.".
2. You can add or edit Job Server in Server tab under Job Conductor. see my screenshot.
:- it is not showing any option of editing /modying job under job conductor. It just shows 3 options which are
a) Archive and execution log paths
b) recovery log path
c) quartz servlet
please see the attached screenshot
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi - did you resolve the issue with the AMC not displaying in TAC. I have the same behaviour on a Talend Platform for Data Management install at v5.2.2. The AMC displays fine in Studio, but the Activity Monitoring Console menu item in TAC just gives a grey screen. WAR successfully deployed to Apache and Dashboard config http:..localhost:8080/amc checks successfully. Going to this URL directly gives "The requested resource (ProxyServlet: /amc) is not available.".
Seems to be same behaviour as you experienced. Did you find a resolution? Thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
can you contact the support portal: http://support.talend.com/otrs/customer.pl or if you don't have your credentials contact support.eu@talend.com to get direct support.
If there is a standard solution, please post again here to share it with the Community.
Cheers,
Elisa
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
I guess you are trying to access to AMC via the browser that is why you have this error message.
Once you are done with the configuration, you have to click on the Activity Monitoring Console tab in the Dashboard.
You can get more information in the Talend Administration Center User Guide or feel free to reach out the support team.
Regards,
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I understand that. I simply tried to access the URL direct to see if that provided any insight into why the Activity Monitoring Console menu item in TAC is not working. (I take it the entering the AMC URL direct is not a valid action then?)
**My core issue is that when I select the Activity Monitoring Console menu item in TAC, it says "loading" then just gives a grey background.**
I've done previous installs of the AMC successfully at 5.1.2. The only differences I can think of is that this install is 5.2.2 and also is on 64 bit JRE not 32 bit JRE. Also IE versions could be different, but I'll need to check.
Could these be relevent, or do you have any other suggestions?
Thanks for your assistance.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It was a simple browser compatibility issue. I checked the IE version this morning and found that it was IE 10. I know that this is not supported according to the installation guide and should have checked earlier, just didn?t think to!
The AMC link works just fine under IE 9!
Incidentally, TAC worked fine under IE 10, but DQ Portal works under IE 9 but not 10.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot for posting your issue and resolution.
Browser compatibility issue is a recurrent one. We're doind our best to make our product compatible with a maximum browser versions , but it's not always simple to achieve.
Cheers,
Elisa
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Leveraging the topic, is there any way to access AMC outside TAC? For example I have TAC installed and running but we have another application that we use to see log files and we want to use AMC inside it just calling the URL, like http://localhost:8080/amc.
Can anyone tell me if i can do it?
Thanks