Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
faith
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to connect PostgreSQL and Vertica from TAC server

Hello,

I'm trying to connect to Vertica and PostgreSQL separately from Talend. I can connect to databases from the local desktop Tallend; but I get an error when I build the project and add it to TAC Conductor Server. There are jar files under lib in the built package. What could be the problem here? I need your help as I am new.

[FATAL] 15:27:32 talend_transfer.projectz_0_1.projectz- tDBConnection_2 The connection attempt failed.

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: The connection attempt failed.

at org.postgresql.core.v3.ConnectionFactoryImpl.openConnectionImpl(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:315) ~[postgresql-42.2.26.jar:42.2.26]

at org.postgresql.core.ConnectionFactory.openConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:51) ~[postgresql-42.2.26.jar:42.2.26]

at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgConnection.<init>(PgConnection.java:225) ~[postgresql-42.2.26.jar:42.2.26]

at org.postgresql.Driver.makeConnection(Driver.java:465) ~[postgresql-42.2.26.jar:42.2.26]

at org.postgresql.Driver.connect(Driver.java:264) ~[postgresql-42.2.26.jar:42.2.26]

[FATAL] 07:48:54 talend_transfer.dbconnectiontest_vertica_0_1.dbconnectiontest_vertica- tDBConnection_1 [Vertica][VJDBC](100176) Failed to connect to host xxx.xx.xxx.xxx on port 5433. Reason: Failed to establish a connection to the primary server or any backup address.

java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: [Vertica][VJDBC](100176) Failed to connect to host xxx.xx.xxx.xxx on port 5433. Reason: Failed to establish a connection to the primary server or any backup address.

at com.vertica.io.ProtocolStream.<init>(Unknown Source) ~[vertica-jdbc-9.3.1-0.jar:?]

at com.vertica.core.VConnection.tryConnect(Unknown Source) ~[vertica-jdbc-9.3.1-0.jar:?]

at com.vertica.core.VConnection.connect(Unknown Source) ~[vertica-jdbc-9.3.1-0.jar:?]

at com.vertica.jdbc.common.BaseConnectionFactory.doConnect(Unknown Source) ~[vertica-jdbc-9.3.1-0.jar:?]

at com.vertica.jdbc.common.AbstractDriver.connect(Unknown Source) ~[vertica-jdbc-9.3.1-0.jar:?]

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:677) ~[java.sql:?]

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Fatih Bilgin​ ,

Regarding to the error log, it probably a network connection issue that the tac server can't connect to the vertica db server on the port 5433

Could you please try to update the firewall of the vertica db server to whitelist the TAC server ip on the port 5433 to re-try?

Best regards

Aiming

Brett2
Contributor
Contributor

Connecting

different databases like PostgreSQL and Vertica from a Talend Administration Center (TAC) server requires configuring the appropriate database connections. Here's a general guide on how you might go about resolving connectivity issues:

Database Drivers: Ensure that you have the correct database drivers installed on the TAC server for both PostgreSQL and Vertica. Talend requires appropriate JDBC drivers to establish connections.

Database Configuration in TAC: TellPopeyes

Access the TAC web interface and log in with the appropriate credentials.

Navigate to "Configuration" or "Settings" sections to find the database configuration options.

Provide the necessary connection details, such as the host, port, database name, username, and password.

Make sure you specify the correct JDBC URL format for each database.