Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

[resolved] Sockets range to get statistics

When we execute a job via studio, we get at the job start a message like this:
connecting to socket on port 3438
This port change randomically to something like 3438, 3589, 3981, 3946... 10424!
I think that Talend Administration Center also tries to connect to these ports when we enable statistics in Job Conductor (I've attached a picture of the task with statistic enabled), and when the JobServer is in another machine, the firewall refuse the connection, throwing the following exception:
connecting to socket on port 10424
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:327)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:193)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:180)
at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:384)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:546)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:495)
at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:392)
at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:206)
at routines.system.RunStat.startThreadStat(RunStat.java:195)
So, my question is: what is the range of these ports, can I open it in firewall?
Regards
Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I've found a solution.
For Talend Studio, go to Window -> Preferences -> Talend -> Run/Debug and there you can change the stats port range.
But this configuration doesn't propagate for TAC.
For Talend Administration Center, edit the following file:
TOMCAT_FOLDER/webapps/org.talend.administrator/WEB-INF/classes/configuration.properties
Look for these lines:
# The range where find a free port on the Administrator machine, where the job will send the statistics informations during its execution
scheduler.conf.statisticsRangePorts=10000-11000
And then change the scheduler.conf.statisticsRangePorts parameter for the desired range, like this:
scheduler.conf.statisticsRangePorts=10000-10001
Regards

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I've found a solution.
For Talend Studio, go to Window -> Preferences -> Talend -> Run/Debug and there you can change the stats port range.
But this configuration doesn't propagate for TAC.
For Talend Administration Center, edit the following file:
TOMCAT_FOLDER/webapps/org.talend.administrator/WEB-INF/classes/configuration.properties
Look for these lines:
# The range where find a free port on the Administrator machine, where the job will send the statistics informations during its execution
scheduler.conf.statisticsRangePorts=10000-11000
And then change the scheduler.conf.statisticsRangePorts parameter for the desired range, like this:
scheduler.conf.statisticsRangePorts=10000-10001
Regards
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
Yes, you have found the correct location where you can configure the range of statistics port.
Best regards
Shong