Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdecowski
Contributor
Contributor

Above/Below functions on Top N

Hi,

I'm attempting to plot orders in a line graph against orders in the previous year, but only show the most recent 4 years. I'm using the definitions below, but the last data point from the previous year measure drops off (in 2015). Are there any patterns for solving this?

Year = IF( YEAR(ORDER_TIME.autoCalendar.Year) > (YEAR(AGGR(MAX(all ORDER_TIME.autoCalendar.Year ,ORDER_TIME.autoCalendar.Year) ) - 4) , ORDER_TIME.autoCalendar.Year , null )

Orders = COUNT(ORDER_ID)
Orders (previous year) = BELOW( COUNT(ORDER_ID), -1)

orders.PNG

Thanks for any help!

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jdecowski
Contributor
Contributor
Author

This works, but I'm unable to hide the values of the dimension that are null.

orders.PNG

If I use Limit Top 4 or the dimension function below, I end up with the same issue I posted on. Any way to easily solve this?

Year = IF( YEAR([REQUEST_TIME.autoCalendar.Year]) > ( YEAR( AGGR( MAX(ALL[REQUEST_TIME.autoCalendar.Year]), [REQUEST_TIME.autoCalendar.Year]) ) - 5) , [REQUEST_TIME.autoCalendar.Year] , Null() ) 

Thanks again!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this may be

Year

ORDER_TIME.autoCalendar.Year

Orders

If(Year(ORDER_TIME.autoCalendar.Year) > Year(Max(TOTAL ORDER_TIME.autoCalendar.Year)) - 4, Count(ORDER_ID))

Orders (previous year)

If(Year(ORDER_TIME.autoCalendar.Year) > Year(Max(TOTAL ORDER_TIME.autoCalendar.Year)) - 4, Below(Count(ORDER_ID), -1))

You might also be able to use set analysis, but the syntax will have to be tested to get it to work.

jdecowski
Contributor
Contributor
Author

This works, but I'm unable to hide the values of the dimension that are null.

orders.PNG

If I use Limit Top 4 or the dimension function below, I end up with the same issue I posted on. Any way to easily solve this?

Year = IF( YEAR([REQUEST_TIME.autoCalendar.Year]) > ( YEAR( AGGR( MAX(ALL[REQUEST_TIME.autoCalendar.Year]), [REQUEST_TIME.autoCalendar.Year]) ) - 5) , [REQUEST_TIME.autoCalendar.Year] , Null() ) 

Thanks again!

sunny_talwar

Have you unchecked 'Include zero values' under Add-ons -> Data handling