cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
millerhm
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Access to Data Load Editor intermittently disappearing

We have been having developers reporting that the menu item for the Data Load Script will just randomly disappear while working in an app in their Work stream. It's not consistent or replicatable, but it's been happening on and off for a few months - we just can't get a handle on it.

We are not modifying any permissions or roles at all, let alone access to the script, and all of these are while they're in Work, so apps they own - all users can report about when it's happening is that it is typically when they have been working in their load script for awhile, usually with multiple tabs open (i.e., checking the data model viewer) and then try to save their script or come back to the script from one of the other pages - and the option in the menu is just gone. Only ways around it are to log completely out and back in (which works sometimes) or else duplicate the app and the new app is fine. 

We are running an Enterprise Server installation of Qlik Sense, running November 2018.

Ideas?

2019-02-12_17-34-39.png

Labels (2)
15 Replies
ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

I have noticed this sporadically when duplicating an app through the hub, while it never has happened for me when duplicating an app through QMC. An other thing to reflect on is if the duplicated app is owned by the same user as the duplicate. Would that match the behavior in your case also?

I would suggest that you reach out to Qlik Support (https://support.qlik.com) and register a case, to allow for a more detailed investigation.
millerhm
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks - however the issue is not when duplicating the app - the script is disappearing while working IN the app. The only failsafe solution to getting the script BACK is to duplicate it. 

I will likely log a ticket with Support soon, but since we can't replicate it regularly enough to test solutions well (or get logs on demand), I thought I'd see if anyone else had experienced this before seeing what Support can do about it. 

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Interesting, its kind of opposite what I have seen. It would be useful for Support if you have a copy of an app were the symptom persists, and are able to show the workaround by duplicating. 

I think you should still reach out to Support. They might be able to advise on further tracing that could be enabled to catch the issue to a detailed level. 

millerhm
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Fair enough - usually I delete them since I can't do anything with them and they're taking up space. Will save the next one to provide to Support.

garystrader
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I have seen this happen in multiple environments and versions.  And at least one of our customers has reported this behavior also.   I didn't try to duplicate the app but the edit button does eventually reappear.

millerhm
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

It looks like this is an issue experienced by others as well and there is a bug created with R&D that may have a resolution for the April 2019 release, but not yet finalized.

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Would you be able to share the bug ID you have been referred to?
millerhm
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Surely - I don't have any details on this, but Support has linked my ticket to Bug QLIK-92165.

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Thanks for the reference. This bug has been fixed in February 2019 release. I have asked Qlik Support to confirm the same back to you. My apologies for the added delay in communicating this to you.