Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
waydec_ses
Contributor III
Contributor III

Adding snapshot option to an extension

Hi,

Impressed with the additional functionality provided by the many extensions provided by the Qlik community and others.  Awesome!!

One of the extensions I've been exploring is the Qlik Sense bullet chart offering provided by Kevin McGovern.

One feature the above extension does not have is snapshot so I can include the bullet chart in my Story.

Is it easy to add/turn on the snapshot functionality in the associated js files?  If so, how do I do this?

Kind regards,

Wayde

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Wayde,

I hope this isn't too late but I just stumbled across this post.  I've updated my bullet chart extension with the snapshot functionality. GitHub - mcgovey/D3-Bullet-Chart: Qlik Sense extension that uses D3.js to create a bullet chart

It is a really minor change if you are curious and want to edit extensions yourself in the future.  Here's a screenshot with the code that needed to change.  Thanks for using the extension!

SnapshotChange.PNG

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/3.1/Subsystems/Extensions/Content/Howtos/working-with-da...

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Wayde,

I hope this isn't too late but I just stumbled across this post.  I've updated my bullet chart extension with the snapshot functionality. GitHub - mcgovey/D3-Bullet-Chart: Qlik Sense extension that uses D3.js to create a bullet chart

It is a really minor change if you are curious and want to edit extensions yourself in the future.  Here's a screenshot with the code that needed to change.  Thanks for using the extension!

SnapshotChange.PNG

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/3.1/Subsystems/Extensions/Content/Howtos/working-with-da...

waydec_ses
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Kevin,

Awesome, thanks kindly.

Take care,

Wayde

rafael_encinas
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thanks!

Senior Qlik Architect
Cobra, Stallone, "You're a problem and I'm the solution"
CharlyB
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Sorry I know this forum question is old but its the closest thing on forum I can find to what I'm looking for.

With update there is a Display setting senseShapshotMoreButton which user can set to hide / show / optional. Based on the setting either the Snapshot functionality is hidden or not thus effect how the Qlik contextmenu is displayed (Storytelling snapshot is part of menu or not).

I have the initial support snapshot setting 'true' as above, and my snapshot functionality works correctly. However based on my display senseShapshotMoreButton  setting I need to dynamically change my Support snapshot setting. Thus if senseShapshotMoreButton  is set to hide (0), then  support snapshot setting I need to change to false so that contextMenu is correct and snapshot functionality is disabled.

My question is where and how do I find where the snapshot setting is getting saved? I have checked my model / app data I'm getting from QlikServer for my extension and can see all my other initial setting and properties, layout etc. but I can't see any where the snapshot Boolean is so that I can dynamically change it?

Thank you,

C