cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joey_lutes
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Aggr Max / Min Count

I am trying to show some trending for items using min and max counts and am seeing some strange results.

Each day, I receive problem notifications of varying types.  These notifications also list affected services and occur in different locales. 

What I'd like to show is, by type and locale an average of the affected services, mins and maxes (per day).  So, for example:

Day1:  20

Day2: 30

Day3: 40

Min = 20, Max = 40, Average = 30.

Using a combo chart:

• Dimension = Locale
  • Measures:
    • count(distinct service) / count (distinct date)  >> gives me the average number of daily occurrences - line
    • max(aggr(count(distinct service), date))  >> meant to show max value for any date in the available daterange - marker
    • min(aggr(count(distinct service), date))  >> meant to show min value for any date in the available daterange - marker

The average seems to work, however, the max and min values are not showing up correctly in the chart.  Strangely, if I select a specific locale, the numbers are correct (when it's alone in the chart).  when all locales are shown, the numbers are not accurate for min and max

Help?

Thanks!

2 Replies
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Joey,

can you supply some sample data?

Adny

joey_lutes
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Unfortunately, not only is the data under customer NDA, it's quite large and extremely convoluted so that wouldn't be possible.

I considered the fact that some of the data may be skewed or incorrect, however, since when I select one of the locales and filter by that, the data does show accurately, I believe that my method is likely incorrect.

Sorry about that.