Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ninnartx
Creator
Creator

Alternative to cyclic for tables / drop-down with always one selected value

Hi, 

I'm trying to include multiple dimensions in a table for the users, where they'll just choose 1 dimension at a time, just like a cyclic in Qlikview. However, alternative dimension is not available for table charts so I added an inline table as a workaround for the users to select any dimension they want. However, with the Sep 2018 release, my drop-down extension no longer works and I have to resort to using a listbox (also an extension since I require the "Always One Selected Value" function). 

Does anyone have any suggestion as to how to include a cycle in a table? Or a suggestion on a drop-down extension that works with the latest release? The listbox is taking up a lot of space and its making my dashboard look a little clustered. 

Thank you! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OmarBenSalem

In the November 2018 release, the functionnality of having only one value selected has been added.

Thus, if use the Nov version, u'll be able to create an inline table:

load * inline [

dimID,dim

1, dimension1

2,dimension2

];

Put the dim in a filter pane above the table with the option (only opne selected value activated)

and as dimension in ur table:

if(dimID=1,your1stDim,ur2ndDim)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
OmarBenSalem

In the November 2018 release, the functionnality of having only one value selected has been added.

Thus, if use the Nov version, u'll be able to create an inline table:

load * inline [

dimID,dim

1, dimension1

2,dimension2

];

Put the dim in a filter pane above the table with the option (only opne selected value activated)

and as dimension in ur table:

if(dimID=1,your1stDim,ur2ndDim)

ninnartx
Creator
Creator
Author

oh, perfect! I shall download the nov 2018 release and play around with it. thanks!