Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pjaredchurch
Contributor III
Contributor III

Always One Selected Value - set from data load script

Hi,

Is there a way to set a field to "Always One Selected Value" from the data load script, or is this only available in the front end?

I'm in an environment where I'm responsible for building the data models and others are responsible for the front end. In the interest of making life easier for those building the front ends, I'm building an app as a template which those people will binary load from and I'd like the be able to take the Always one selected value setting with that binary load, or give them a simple function they can call which will apply that setting.

Thanks,

Jared

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

I don't think it is possible from the script. It could be possible to do through APIs, but that is not reall easy accessible for the common UI designer.  It think it would be great both to be able to set the Always One Selected Value, but by having int in the script it is also easier to get an overview of which fields do got this feature.

I would recommend you to post your suggestion to the Qlik Sense Ideas forum. If you do, please let me know and I'll support your suggested idea. 

-Vegar

View solution in original post

4 Replies
TimvB
Creator II
Creator II

Vegar
MVP
MVP

I don't think it is possible from the script. It could be possible to do through APIs, but that is not reall easy accessible for the common UI designer.  It think it would be great both to be able to set the Always One Selected Value, but by having int in the script it is also easier to get an overview of which fields do got this feature.

I would recommend you to post your suggestion to the Qlik Sense Ideas forum. If you do, please let me know and I'll support your suggested idea. 

-Vegar

pjaredchurch
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for your input... Section access would work well in the scenario that I only want the user to ever be able to select one value (which I actually do have a use for elsewhere, so thanks for triggering my thoughts there).

In this scenario though, it's not that the user should be able to change the selection, it's just that I want to ensure that they only ever select one value at a time for the field in question, so the section access doesn't work for me.