Qlik Community

App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
Now Live: Qlik Sense SaaS Simplified Authoring – Analytics Creation for Everyone: READ DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jjotavve
Contributor II
Contributor II

Ambiguous unicode characters in csv files

Hi,

We are in the process of moving from Qlikview to Qliksense and I am running into a problem I did not have on Qlikview.

I receive csv files from a Bulgarian customer and I extract the info from these csv files with the following command (for the item table):

Items:
LOAD
FROM File.csv(txt, unicode, embedded labels, delimiter is '|', no quotes, no eof);

Store Items into...

This works fine on Qlikview but if I use the exact same script in Qliksense on the exact same csv file, Qliksense extracts two lines less than Qlikview.

I checked the csv file in details and found that there is a field in the line above each line which is skipped with some characters like this:

Jjotavve_0-1639735762912.png

I suppose this field originally contains cyrillic characters which are not properly encoded (or which are not in unicode?). VSCode highlights these as ambiguous unicode characters also.

I do not know how to manage this error. I tried applying different codepages on this particular field with ApplyCodePage but with no result.

Has anyone had the same problem? I do not need this field at all so I could also ignore it but wasn't able to find how.

0 Replies