Skip to main content

App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
Welcome to Qlik Community! Check out our new navigation! FIND OUT MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jjotavve
Contributor II
Contributor II

Ambiguous unicode characters in csv files

Hi,

We are in the process of moving from Qlikview to Qliksense and I am running into a problem I did not have on Qlikview.

I receive csv files from a Bulgarian customer and I extract the info from these csv files with the following command (for the item table):

Items:
LOAD
FROM File.csv(txt, unicode, embedded labels, delimiter is '|', no quotes, no eof);

Store Items into...

This works fine on Qlikview but if I use the exact same script in Qliksense on the exact same csv file, Qliksense extracts two lines less than Qlikview.

I checked the csv file in details and found that there is a field in the line above each line which is skipped with some characters like this:

Jjotavve_0-1639735762912.png

I suppose this field originally contains cyrillic characters which are not properly encoded (or which are not in unicode?). VSCode highlights these as ambiguous unicode characters also.

I do not know how to manage this error. I tried applying different codepages on this particular field with ApplyCodePage but with no result.

Has anyone had the same problem? I do not need this field at all so I could also ignore it but wasn't able to find how.

0 Replies