Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarcoGemini11
Contributor
Contributor

Annual gift upgrade and downgrade

Dear Community,

how can I calculate annual gift upgrade and downgrade?

Thank you for your time

Labels (1)
4 Replies
edwin
Master II
Master II

you will need to supply more information than that for someopne to help you,  sample data and expected output would be most useful 

MarcoGemini11
Contributor
Contributor
Author

For example i want to calculate the retained gifter from a current time period that increased his giving this year. 

Therefore I have to calculate the number of donors who have increased their donation this year to the previous year and I wanted to know if there was a formula to calculate it
edwin
Master II
Master II

in other words you have a measure that changes with the date and you want to compare YTD and prior YTD.

it is the same pattern as this one:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/how-to-calculate-previous-year-sales-till-current-ye...

simple way is to calculate the date boundaries:
today's date (this can be dynamic but for illustration purposes stay with today's date)
start of the year

today's date shifted one year back - you can just add -1 year
start of year of today's date shifted one year back (similar calculation -1 year)

then you frame your expressions using those 4 dates:

YTD = your measure with the set analysis dates >=start of year <=today's date

PTD = your measure with the set analysis dates >=start of year last year <=today's date shifted last year 

MarcoGemini11
Contributor
Contributor
Author

OK. In this way i can measure the difference gift value between two years. But this is one part of my question.

In the second part i have necessity to count the number of gifter that have increased their gift value.

So i want to set a variable which  based on the increase of  the value of the gift, counts the number of donors who have increased this value.
in this way I calculate the number of donors who have increased the value of their donation compared to the previous year