Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Supriya4
Contributor II
Contributor II

Applying two different section access on two different tables

Hi peeps,

I want to apply two section access tables into two different tables in the load editor. The code is as follows:

Section Access;
Table_1:
LOAD
"ACCESS",
"USERID",
"ACCESS LEVEL"
FROM [lib://Views/section access.xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is TEST);

table_2:
LOAD
"ACCESS" as ACCESS1,
"USERID" as USERID1,
"ACCESS LEVEL" as "ACCESS LEVEL1"
FROM [lib://Views/section access_1.xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is TEST);

Here in the above code, I tried using two different section access tables, but I don't want to join the section access tables.

The section application code is:

Section Application;

table1:

load

//column names

upper(ACCESS LEVEL) AS ACCESS LEVEL,

FROM [//lib/Views/Live_Data_Test_v2.xlsm]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is [test]);

table2:                                                  //here the table 1 needs to have section access from table_1 and table 2 needs to have SA                                                                   //from table2

load

//different columns

upper(ACCESS LEVEL1) as "ACCESS LEVEL1",

FROM [//lib/Views/Live_Data_Test.xlsm]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is [test]);

If I am using this code, the second table(table2) is taking section access from table_1 only, and I am able to see the data from the second table. Can anyone please help me in this? I am new to section access concept in qlik sense.

Labels (3)
5 Replies
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @Supriya4 

What is the goal you are trying to achieve? Could you provide further details about what is the reason that you would like to have two different tables?

Kind regards.

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
Supriya4
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @NadiaB ,

Thanks for the reply! 

Ok, let me give you a scenario:

Suppose there are 10 users for the dashboard. all the 10 users are under section access and can view the data correctly according to their access level. But there is table 2, which is  NOT JOINED with table1, and I am not able to apply the same section access to that table. I wanted to know how we can achieve applying same section access to the second table, without joining them.

I do not intend to join them, otherwise the purpose of the view shall fail. It would be great if you can help me through!

Thanks Again!

NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @Supriya4 

Sorry I'm still confused, it is not clear to me the reason behind having two tables, it will be necessary to provide further details to clarify the requirement.

It was mentioned that "the purpose of the view shall fail" if the tables are joined, could you describe what the purpose is? what failure might cause ?

Kind regards.

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
Supriya4
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @NadiaB ,

The first table shows data from  the file 1. the second table shows the data by comparing anomaly in data that file 1 has, by comparing the data from file 2.

Now suppose if a person A is allowed to see data from file 1 say- ID 1, and person B not allowed to see ID 1. Now, that ID 1 has been identified as  an anomaly, so in the second table, it should only be visible to person A, not B .

For this reason I wanted to apply same section access to both the different tables.

I hope I am able to solve your query.

Thanks!

NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @Supriya4 

I believe I have better understanding of your question but keep in mind the following:

Section access tables are deleted, anything after Section Application won't exist anymore.

In order to have Section Access working the fields need to be named as the valid fields required for section access :ACCESS,USERID,GROUP, other fields will not be recognized.

I would suggest to check @hic  post about Section Access to be more familiar with the way that Section Access works.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/A-Primer-on-Section-Access/ba-p/1465766

Kind Regards.