Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Saif1
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Association not working

Hello guys i have the following scenario :

Employee Table : //Table 1

load

Emp_num as connection key,

Emp_num,

Employee_Name

from .....

Employee performance : //Table 2

load

Emp_num as Connection_key

Emp_num as Performance_employee_key

Emp_Name as Employee_performance_employee_name

Score

from ......

here when i want to put in a table the following fields :

1- Emp_num // from table 1 

2- Employee_performance_employee_name // from table 2 

it shows eiether the emp num as null on the name as null , why is that ? they are associated via the "connection key"

my understanding for this that if they are associated tables i can mix and match between the tables two fields.

what is happening here ? why i can't use emp number from one table and name from other table, they are associated

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
MayilVahanan

Might be, if any one of the table format is different? 

Like one table the Empnum is string however another table is num?

or, both has same set of values?

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.

View solution in original post

Saif1
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

it worked , i casted all of the emp nums into number and it worked , thanks so much

View solution in original post

7 Replies
RsQK
Creator II
Creator II

Hi, you need to make sure that the fields you're using as keys are named exactly the same. Try like this:

Employee Table : //Table 1
load
Emp_num as connection.#key,
Emp_num,
Employee_Name
from .....

Employee performance : //Table 2
load
Emp_num as connection.#key,
Emp_num as Performance_employee_key
Emp_Name as Employee_performance_employee_name
Score
from ......

notice how "connection.#key" is named identically in both of the tables - that should be your issue.

MayilVahanan

Hi 

Generally, in Qlik, Associate between the tables are based on "Common" field Name. In your case, 2 tables doesn't have same column name, that's reason, it wouldn't able to associate. 

if you see in the table viewer, you can understand, both tables are not associated (no link between tables).

As mentioned by RsQK, you can rename the fields and try it. It will fix auto.

Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Saif1
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks guys for the reply , i made a typo when i was writing the post , they are the same and i have assossiaction in the data model (a link),
My problem is that i have an EMP master table (that has all the employee details num,name, etc)

and i have employee performance table (has emp key , performance numbers) 

and when i associate them with the emp key ( i cant name them the same becuase there are multiple table with the same name) so i commoned name them "Connection_Key" , when adding something from the master employee table ( name ,number ,etc ) it gives null in the employee performance fields ( when adding to table) (when using fliters) ets , they are associated but not associated you understamed me ?

Saif1
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

any solution ?

MayilVahanan

Might be, if any one of the table format is different? 

Like one table the Empnum is string however another table is num?

or, both has same set of values?

Saif1
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

how can i check the data type?

Saif1
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

it worked , i casted all of the emp nums into number and it worked , thanks so much