Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mamaewapolya
Contributor II
Contributor II

Background Color Expression issue

Hi everyone,

I am trying to implement the conditional colouring to the table, but it works for the red colour only. 

What I want to see as a result is that each value in a column, that is less than the average for this column, should be coloured in red and the others - in green.

if(Avg(Aggr(Sum({$<MS1Count=-{0}>}ORDERCOUNTER) / Sum(ORDERCOUNTER), OrderBranch)) >    
	[MS1 Set],                                                                                           
		Green(),LightRed())

MS1 Set is a master measure, which equals to Sum({$<MS1Count=-{0}>}ORDERCOUNTER) / Sum(ORDERCOUNTER)

If I replace MS1 Set with a value (e.g 0.2), the colouring rule works fine.

Could you please help me find the issue?

Thank you,

Polly

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mamaewapolya
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

The solution is as follows:

if(Sum({$<MS1Count=-{0}>} Total ORDERCOUNTER) / Sum(Total ORDERCOUNTER) >    
[MS1 Set],                                                                                      Green(),LightRed())

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

You may verify if measures are good by creating a test straight table and have these two measures - 

Avg(Aggr(Sum({$<Milestone1Count=-{0}>}SHIPMENTCOUNTER) / Sum(SHIPMENTCOUNTER), ShipmentBranch))

[MS1 Set]

I am guessing you would need aggr by same dim in 2nd measure as you have in first but not sure..

mamaewapolya
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Digvijay_Singh ,

I have verified them in the table, that's why I am wondering why the colouring rule is not applied in a correct way.

I've just understood one thing - the [MS1 Set] value should be the same (fixed like in Excel) for all cells for one column. I am not sure it's possible in Qlik Sense though.

mamaewapolya
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

The solution is as follows:

if(Sum({$<MS1Count=-{0}>} Total ORDERCOUNTER) / Sum(Total ORDERCOUNTER) >    
[MS1 Set],                                                                                      Green(),LightRed())