Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lrobin_perso
Contributor
Contributor

Background images not displayed in a button

Hello,

I have an issue using a button with a background image in Qlik Sense February 2020 Patch 10.

The image is visible in the property panel on the right, but it is not visible in the button.

Is it possible that a security rule provoke this issue? I am not the administrator of the platform and I can't check the security rules.

Thanks in advance for your help !

Laurent

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Andrea_Bertazzo
Support
Support

Hi Lrobin

The Sense  version you are using  is affected by a defect that causes the problem you are describing. The problem occurs when attempting to load a background image embedded in a native button.
If the user is connected via a Virtual Proxy (e.g. SAML) with a Prefix and opens a sheet with the Extension, it tries to get the Image via the absolute URL without the Virtual Proxy (e.g. Default), this causes the image not to appear.

You can reference to these defect IDs: QB-1915, QB-6117, QB-1779.

The defect is fixed in Qlik Sense February 2021 and higher releases.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up ! 🙂

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Andrea_Bertazzo
Support
Support

Hi Lrobin

The Sense  version you are using  is affected by a defect that causes the problem you are describing. The problem occurs when attempting to load a background image embedded in a native button.
If the user is connected via a Virtual Proxy (e.g. SAML) with a Prefix and opens a sheet with the Extension, it tries to get the Image via the absolute URL without the Virtual Proxy (e.g. Default), this causes the image not to appear.

You can reference to these defect IDs: QB-1915, QB-6117, QB-1779.

The defect is fixed in Qlik Sense February 2021 and higher releases.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up ! 🙂
ChristiW
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi @Andrea_Bertazzo,

We are on Aug 2022 SR 1 and have an image embedded in a native button with users connecting by a Virtual Proxy with a Prefix and we are having the above issue where the images don't show up. It works for some people on some browsers but not all people on browsers; it seems inconsistent, like a bug. Is there anything we can verify to make sure the defect is fixed in our release or anything we can do to make it work?

Kdober
Partner - Contributor III

Hi @Andrea_Bertazzo 

I was about to create a ticket support but I first googled about 'button background virtual proxy' and I saw this post.
We are having the same issue with Aug 22 version. The image added as button background is getting the 'central' virtual proxy instead of the one being used to access the app.
On our case, the app url is https://...../sessionvp/sense/app/2b0441a8-b252-4b27-9a09-36a628466f1c
While, the inspect over the missing img returns https://..../appcontent/2b0441a8-b252-4b27-9a09-36a628466f1c/Arrow_UP.png' (which fails to retrieve the image), instead of https://..../sessionvp/appcontent/2b0441a8-b252-4b27-9a09-36a628466f1c/Arrow_UP.png' (which works fine)

Any estimate when it will be solved?

Best regards,

Cristian

Cristian Dorbesi
Andrea_Bertazzo
Support
Support

Hi Cristian,

Thanks for the question. We've an opened investigation on a similar problem (QB-16730). Could you, please, open a ticket for Qlik support so we can better analyze your case? Please, reference this post in the ticket.

It will be useful to have a copy of the Qlik Sense application, so we can replicate the problem.
Did you see the background disappearing after an upgrade? If so, what version did you have before?

Kindly, specify this in the ticket.

itibook

same issue here... for comparison, on the text/image visualisation object, the background image correctly uses the Virtual Proxy prefix and it displays, while on the "button" visualization, the Virtual Proxy prefix is not there. This is a clear bug for me...

Image/Text Visualization  (works)

https://qlikserver/virtual_proxy_prefix/appcontent/appid/myimage.png 

Button Visualization (doesn't work)

https://qlikserver/virtual_proxy_prefix/appcontent/appid/myimage.png

itibook

please see my response, same issue is and we are on August 2022 SR1

Kdober

I created a support ticket yesterday. Lets home they fix it quickly 🙂

Cristian Dorbesi
jsebrightbme
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Same issue Nov 22 Patch 1...

Kdober

What support replied to my 10 days ago is:

"I am contacting you to inform that R&D Team replied with the answer that the issue that you have been facing with the back ground image in "Button" is fixed.
Would you be so kind to test it and confirm if it working correctly on your side. "

After asking on which version they replied:

"You can try in the August 2022 version Patch 4, should be working."

I haven't had time to test it yet on that version. However my guess is that any SR x for newer versions should contain the fix as well. Is SR 1 for Nov22 released on last days?

If so, I would guess they didn't solve the issue yet 😞

Cristian Dorbesi