Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jyanik
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Bar Chart Total Automatic to SUM

Have you seen that in a table chart, the default  Total Function of a measure  is 'Automatic' and you can change it to another function? Like Sum, Count, Avg, etc.

I have a bar chart that shows the total bar, calculated with the 'Automatic' function (I know because I have a table chart with the same expression that shows the same number in automatic), and I need it to show the total in SUM function, which is not an option for the bar chart. Does anyone know a way to do this? 

IF(
    ISNULL(GETFIELDSELECTIONS(Fecha)) AND
        ISNULL(GETFIELDSELECTIONS("Mes Año")) AND
        ISNULL(GETFIELDSELECTIONS(Mes)) AND 
        ISNULL(GETFIELDSELECTIONS(Año)),
        IF(
        Sum({<"Mes Año" = {'$(=v_MaximoMesCerrado)'},Tiempo={"*"}>}[Tiempo]) - SUM({<"Mes Año" = {'$(=v_MaximoMesCerrado)'},"Tiempo Teorico"={"*"}>}"Tiempo Teorico") > 0 ,
       Sum({<"Mes Año" = {'$(=v_MaximoMesCerrado)'},Tiempo={"*"}>}[Tiempo]) - SUM({<"Mes Año" = {'$(=v_MaximoMesCerrado)'},"Tiempo Teorico"={"*"}>}"Tiempo Teorico") , 0),
        IF(
        Sum({<Tiempo={"*"}>}[Tiempo]) - SUM({<"Tiempo Teorico"={"*"}>}"Tiempo Teorico") > 0
        Sum({<Tiempo={"*"}>}[Tiempo])- Sum({<"Tiempo Teorico"={"*"}>}"Tiempo Teorico"), 0)
    )
Labels (1)
  • SaaS

2 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

You may want to try by embedding your expression like below but not sure as I don't know much about your data model  - 

Sum(Aggr(<Your expression>,<Chart dimension>))

jyanik
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hello! Thank you for you reply! I tried your suggestion but I encounter the following issue:

Putting only the expression by [Name] Gives me the Automatic Total Function, but embedding it as you described gives a a 0 in the chart.