Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kalmirall
Contributor III
Contributor III

Blank screen when working in QlikSense Desktop (3.1 S4)

Hi Vinay-

My co-worker and I have followed all the instructions in the Blank Screen when Opening Qlik Sense Desktop post, and are still experiencing the blank screen issue (though we are able to work slightly longer in the desktop version than previous to uninstalling and re-downloading Qliksense).

Can you advise what steps to take next?

Thank you,

Katie and Kate

vkr

51 Replies
Not applicable

It works now. Somehow the Upgrade yesterday didn't work. I thought it needed admin rights so I used another account. Today I upgraded again using my account and it worked.

thanks for your help

kalmirall
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I only see up to SR 4 (3.2.4) in the qlik download site. Am I missing something?

mvv
Employee
Employee

kalmirall The release that is downloadable from here is 3.1 SR6, it´s available for all. Note you are talking about a newer version.

http://www.qlik.com/us/try-or-buy/download-qlik-sense/thank-you

Not applicable

Thanks Vinay.

Changing the sys date to December 2016 worked.

But why?

Not applicable

Are you using any proxy?

I found my problem was caused by Bluecoat proxy, disabling proxy and restarting PC works for me.

Not applicable

Me too - there should be a message telling me to update the software.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same problem here, and i´ve done nothing since it worked.

kod.PNG

c.show is not a function

svinnakota
Creator
Creator

Hi vinay,

I freshly installed SR4 and still having the same issue as well as for 11.1.1 also. I have only desktop version and the apps which i am having are few with not many extensions. I am getting white screen in the middle of the work and i cannot always hit F5 as the code will not get saved and i need to rewrite the code again and again. could you please suggest me how to resolve this issue. Right now i rolled back to 3.2SR4 version from Version 11.1.1.

Thanks,

Santosh Aravind

mvv
Employee
Employee

Hi Hannes - which version of Sense are you using?

Many are helped with updating to the newest. After a while Sense Desktop expires and you have to download a new version. One problem was that the message to indicate this did not show - and instead white screen. This is fixed in later versions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I expect the same issue from a fresh install on windows 8 64bits.

I tried a lot of things, without change:

- Removing the Apps .qvf files

- Try F5

- Updating Java and C++ librairies

- Shuting down Windows Firewall and windows defender

- Opening in browser Chrome and Firefox

In the browser, opening the console, I get this messages :

Capture.PNG

Changing the date to December 1st 2016 solve the issue, but I can do this for working because I used the today(1) function in my Apps

My version

Capture.PNG