cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michael_klix
Creator II
Creator II

Bug in button element? Cannot activate it using keyboard focus

We have to do a certification for our apps to be barrier-free.

One issue is, that the keyboard focus is invisible inside a worksheet but still moves from one object to the other hitting the TAB key. If you count carefully, you can guess where the TAB lead you to and hit ENTER to activate a button. This is pretty diffcult.

On the other hand, you see the keyboard focus as soon as it reached from the filter and navigation bar the first element inside the worksheet. If you then use the ARROW keys instead of TAB, you can see the keyboard focus and navigate easily to highlight the desired button.

BUT: If you use this kind of navigation, you cannot activate the Button by hitting ENTER or SPACE as described in the keyboard controls.

Any Idea if this is a bug or if there is any special keyboard control needed to reach out for a button element and activate the defined action/navigation using the keyboard and NOT the mouse?
Maybe topic for @Michael_Tarallo  to check?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

@michael_klix 

I can confirm that the functionality was missing, has been added now to QCS, comes to QSEoW in November 2021 release.

Thanks,

Patric

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Michael - I will forward. Thanks for your post.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

@michael_klix 

I can confirm that the functionality was missing, has been added now to QCS, comes to QSEoW in November 2021 release.

Thanks,

Patric