Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mt3
Contributor III
Contributor III

Button filter overwrites remaining selections

Hi,

I have created a button filter. It chooses specific values from a fields with "Select values matching search criteria".

Problem is, it overwrites all other filters that are used on the dashboard. Option "Overwrite locked selections " is not marked.

Do you have any tips how configure the button filter so that it does not overwrite remaining filters? 

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Try applying Lock All Selections, then your selection, and then Unlock all selections.

Intuitively, I'd expect the button to take precedence over existing selections, so the behavior you're describing is consistent with my expectations, though I've never noticed it happening.

Mt3
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I have other button filters on same report, they do not take precedence over other selections.  No difference in configuration.

Or
MVP
MVP

I'm fairly sure you've got that wrong. Buttons will override other selections if necessary. They will not, of course, modify any existing selections that don't interfere with what the button is trying to select. However, if you try and select an excluded value, that will always override the existing selection which is causing the exclusion. I just set up a few test scenarios and every one of them worked this way.