Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vkal12
Creator
Creator

Calculation based on the latest file without deleting duplicates

Hello community members,

I am stuck on a very problem where I need to change the calculation based on the specific question. I have a use case where we upload a new file with the same structure to Qlik Sense every hour. Those files contain a dedicated field "intervall" with this format "DD.MM.YYYY hh:mm". This field shows the time the file was created. Now I want to create three different charts that show the following things: 

a) Number of transports within the latest file: I figured out how that works and I use the following formula: 

COUNT({< [intervall] = {"$(=TimeStamp(Max(TimeStamp#([intervall], 'DD.MM.YYYY hh:mm')), 'DD.MM.YYYY hh:mm'))"}>} transportid)

b) Number of transports for each weekday: Therefore I need to pick the latest file for each weekday (e.g. Monday at 11:59pm, Tuesday at 11:59 pm, ...) and then count the transportid's as shown in case a. The problem is, that I tried out a couple of things using an adjusted formula but I cannot get it to work. 

c) Number of transports with in the last four weeks: Therefore I need to pick the latest file (e.g. Friday at 11:59 pm) for each week. Same as in case b: I tried out multiple thinks but I guess it is to komplex for me. 

I hope someone can help me with this problem and help me loosen the knot in my brain 🙂

Thank you very much!

Labels (1)
4 Replies
SerhanKaraer
Creator III
Creator III

Hello,

for b, you can try:

COUNT({< [intervall] = {"=weekday(intervall)>=1"} * {"=weekday(intervall)<=5"} * {"=hour(intervall)=23"}>} transportid)

assuming there is a file generated at 11 pm everyday.

for c, you can try:

COUNT({< [intervall] = {"=weekday(intervall)=5"} * {"=hour(intervall)=23"} * {"=floor(intervall)>=today()-28"}>} transportid)

assuming there is a file generated at 11 pm everyday.

Regards,

vkal12
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi SerhanKaraer,

thanks for your response! There will be definitely be a file generated at 11pm every day. But the dashboard gets updated every hour as well so that it is not possible to put an absolute number in that formular. For e.g. now it is 07:54 am and the last file ist from 07:00 am so that the calculation should be based on the latest file which will be from 07:00 am. 

For the past days the latest file is always from 11pm but not for the current day. How can I include that in your suggested formula? 

I extracted a new field from my field "intervall" which shows the hour, e.g. 1, 2, 3 and so on. From hat new filed I basically need to extract the max value and use that for my calculation. But this does not seem to work...

=COUNT({< [intervall] = {"$(=max([intervall]))"} >} transportid)

Kind regards,

Vanessa

SerhanKaraer
Creator III
Creator III

Hello,

It is good to hear that you can manipulate data model in script. You had better create a date of intervall field like date(floor(intervall)) as intervall_date.

Then for b, you can try:

COUNT({< [intervall] = {"=weekday(intervall)>=1"} * {"=weekday(intervall)<=5"} * {"=intervall=aggr(max(total <intervall_date> intervall),intervall_date)"}>} transportid)

Then for c, you can try:

COUNT({< [intervall] = {"=weekday(intervall)=5"} * {"=intervall=aggr(max(total <intervall_date> intervall),intervall_date)"} * {"=intervall_date>=today()-28"}>} transportid)

Regards,

vkal12
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi SerhanKaraer,

I've just tried out your new formula and unfortunately it is not working. Maybe I should show you my output and give you some more information. 

This is how my data looks at the beginning: 

vkal12_1-1663922304608.png

For example b) my graph should look like this in the end with using the following formula: 

=COUNT({< [Intervall] = {"=weekday([Intervall])>=0"} * {"=weekday(Intervall])<=5"}>} transportid)

vkal12_3-1663922485878.png

This seems to work and looks good. The problem now is that it is summing up all the transport ids for the specific day. For today (Fr) we had nine incoming files each with 23067 transport ids, resulting in 207603 transport ids in total. I already have a Date Field included in my data model, just with a little bit different formula: 

vkal12_4-1663922768246.png

If I use your suggested formuala then it will look like this. 

=COUNT({<[Intervall] = {"=weekday(Intervall)>=0"} * {"=weekday(Intervall)<=5"} * {"=Intervall=aggr(max(total Key_Datum Intervall]), Key_Datum)"}>} transportid)

vkal12_5-1663922927875.png

Unfortunately I do not get any kind of values back. Therefore my graph is of course not showing anything relevant as well. Do you have any other idea? 

Thank you very much!