Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nemo1
Creator II
Creator II

Can I publish an app in an Stream without having everyone who has access to the stream, access to the app?

Hello everyone,

I am not so good at explaining myself in the subject, so I will explain further.

I have an stream, to which viele users have access.

I want to publish an app there, but I just want some of the users from the stream to have acess to this app. 

how can i do that?

thanks!

6 Replies
Antoine04
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello,

Indeed if you are on Qlik Client Managed, you need to use the security rules.

This has to be done in the QMC.

Regards,

Antoine

Nemo1
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes I understand that, but according to what I am understanding if an user has access to a Stream, then the user has access to all the apps there... you cannot really chose to to which apps inside an stream the users has access to, right?

Nemo1
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello, 

thanks for the video and the documentation, but that is not really answering my question 😞

if u have any clue, i would be helpful 

PhanThanhSon
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

You'll need an app-level security rule that can make apps invisible to certain users, or you can write a section access where the app is visible but not everyone has access to it. Both approaches offer different levels of control over app visibility and access.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/App-Development/App-level-Access-in-Qlik-Sense-using-security-rules/td...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2023/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/Security/m...

best regards Son

Antoine04
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

With the basic security rules, you are right.

So what you need to do is to create a new custom security rule to allow only some people to be able to see a specific app in a specific stream.

Do you get what I mean ?

Regards,

Antoine