cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Naushad07
Contributor III
Contributor III

Cannot add visualisations to master Items

I am trying to add a pivot table to masters Item. In Edit,  when I right-click on the visualization, I am not getting an option to add it to master Items. Any help is appreciated.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I'm not sure how your security and permissions are set up, but that type of activity is typically prohibited in a published/public stream.  

The way that I have done this in the past is copy the the app to your Work stream using the QMC, then access the app in you Work stream, enter Edit mode, add the needed items into the Master Items area, then re-publish the app into the appropriate stream.

If you don't have a Work stream, work with your administrator to get one, or have someone who can do this, do it for you.

Good luck,

Nate

View solution in original post

3 Replies
hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

A couple of follow-up questions....

1.  can you add other objects to Master Items?

2.  Are you trying to do this in your Work stream or in a an app that is in a published stream?

Let us know,

Nate

Naushad07
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

1. Adding to master Item is not working for any visualizations.

2. I am trying to do it in an app which is published in a stream

hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I'm not sure how your security and permissions are set up, but that type of activity is typically prohibited in a published/public stream.  

The way that I have done this in the past is copy the the app to your Work stream using the QMC, then access the app in you Work stream, enter Edit mode, add the needed items into the Master Items area, then re-publish the app into the appropriate stream.

If you don't have a Work stream, work with your administrator to get one, or have someone who can do this, do it for you.

Good luck,

Nate