cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QlikviewRajK
Contributor II
Contributor II

Changes to Variable values (slider) are not State (alternate) sensitive

I have a couple of visualizations, one for each alternate State (1 & 2 respectively) that have values impacted by slider variable values. The two sets of slider variables are in separate containers. Although I'm specifying State 1 and State 2 respectively, the graphs are not sensitive to that. Graphs in state 1 and 2 change although I'm changing the variable in state 1 only.

Normal dimensions are being applied correctly to each state...its only the variables that are the problem.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Regards

RK

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ErikWetterberg

You are right variables are not connected to alternate states. So to make this work you need to use different variables for different states.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ErikWetterberg

You are right variables are not connected to alternate states. So to make this work you need to use different variables for different states.

QlikviewRajK
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Erik.  Seems to be that way - i finally created separate variables for each state and using them to play with values and then using a button to reset each value back to zero.

Would be nice though if this functionality is built into containers that have "variables" as opposed to just filter criteria.