Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fquiroga95
Contributor II
Contributor II

Clarification Needed on Qlik Sense Expression for Dynamic Dimension in Bar Chart

I am currently facing an issue with a Qlik Sense expression used in a bar chart to display the top 15 products with the highest revenue growth. The expression is as follows:

Aggr( if( rank( SUM({<Date = {"$(='>=' & Date($(vDateMaxLimit), 'YYYY-MM-DD')& '<=' & Date(Max(Date), 'YYYY-MM-DD')"} ,MonthNum=,Year=,Quarter=>} Revenue) - SUM({<Date = {"$(='>=' & Date($(vDateMinLimit), 'YYYY-MM-DD') & '<=' & Date($(vDateMiddleLimit), 'YYYY-MM-DD')"} ,MonthNum=,Year=,Quarter=>} Revenue) ) <= 15, [Product Marketing Name]&[Product]&[Product Group]&[Product Series]&[Product Description] ), [Product Marketing Name] )

The expression, used as a dynamic dimension, aims to showcase the top 15 products with the highest revenue growth. However, it seems to aggregate the revenue for each [Product Marketing Name] value, resulting in unintended totalizations for different combinations.

For example, considering the data below:

Product Marketing Name Product Product Group Product Series Product Description Revenue Growth
Saphire b67 5G 128GO SMARTPHONE MOBILE A50 SERIES HHP MOBILE,SM-A546B/DS,BLACK,EUB € 1,132,110
Saphire b67 5G 128GO SMARTPHONE MOBILE A50 SERIES HHP MOBILE,SM-A546B/DS,BLACK,EEB € 89,676
Saphire b67 5G 128GO SMARTPHONE MOBILE A50 SERIES HHP MOBILE,SM-A546B/DS,WHITE,EUB € 4,862

In the bar chart, it currently shows the total revenue growth for the Product Marketing Name "Saphire b67 5G 128GO" as € 1,226,648, combining different combinations for the other dimensions. However, I would like to keep each combination separated in the bar chart, even if a Product Marketing Name appears more than once. 

I would appreciate your expertise in helping me understand and rectify this issue. 

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Best regards,

Labels (1)
1 Reply
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

if you want to separate by more dimensions then just add/remove them the aggregation scope

=Aggr( if( rank( SUM({<Date = {"$(='>=' & Date($(vDateMaxLimit), 'YYYY-MM-DD')& '<=' & Date(Max(Date), 'YYYY-MM-DD')"} ,MonthNum=,Year=,Quarter=>} Revenue) - SUM({<Date = {"$(='>=' & Date($(vDateMinLimit), 'YYYY-MM-DD') & '<=' & Date($(vDateMiddleLimit), 'YYYY-MM-DD')"} ,MonthNum=,Year=,Quarter=>} Revenue) ) <= 15, [Product Marketing Name]&[Product]&[Product Group]&[Product Series]&[Product Description] )

, [Product Marketing Name]

,[Product]

,[Product Group]

,[Product Series]

,[Product Description]

)

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.