Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mira_io
Contributor II
Contributor II

Collaboration on App

Dear all,

we are a team of developers who  - on occasion - need to work on the same app at the same time. We would like to do that in a "Development" stream, where we would enable editing. However, we are facing the problem that Master items added in the stream are not stored and thus lost upon duplication (which is what we need to do, in order to publish the app into the "Quality Review" stream; as we are constantly working on the apps, we cannot just move it from one stream into the other - in the end we need one app per stream). We can also not work with the feature provided by sheets in the community that need to be approved. Ideally, we would duplicate an existing sheet before editing it and then share it for futher processing (editing, approval ect.). However, the IDs of all objects in that sheet change upon duplication and we need them to stay the same due to Nprinting.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? How is your App workflow? Do you know how to enable addition of Master items in the stream? Is there maybe a possibility to add a shared stream where multiple developers can work on the same app? 

I have been on this for over a week now and I can't seem to find a perfect solution. I would be very greateful for your help.

Yours,

Mira

PS: we are using Qlik Sense Enterprize and Client-Managed Qlik Sense (we don't use the Qlik Cloud)

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi there,

First, Is it possible that you are also seeing deleted master items as well? If so, please check the article below

Second. to enable Master Items with NPrinting you will need to follow the article below and ensure you have the supported version of Qlik Sense in your environment (mentioned in the article).

Please also note that charts and other Qlik Sense objects not linked to a master measure will retain their internal object IDs when apps are moved or duplicated. It 'could' be possible to create dedicated QVFs for NPrinting reports that don't use master items...not ideal but it could be a workaround of last resort.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Mira_io
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Frank,

thanks for your reply! We actually have a similar problem with deleted Master-items but that only occurs when changes are made in a public app (not as described in the link, in the work stream). I am actually aware about the fact that the IDs don't change when the app is moved or duplicated - but the ID of the app itself changes upon duplication. When replacing the app relevant to Nprinting in the public stream, the ID of the app that is being replaced remains. Which is why we don't move apps in the public stream - we take a route where we publish and replace the older version of the app.

My biggest goal was to find out, how other people collaborate on same Apps in Qlik. There might be other people, too, who require to do that from time to time.

Yours,

Mira