Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. READ MORE

Qlik Sense charts with master measures used in Qlik NPrinting templates

100% helpful (1/1)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Qlik Sense charts with master measures used in Qlik NPrinting templates

Last Update:

Jul 28, 2022 12:19:31 PM

Updated By:

Frank_S

Created date:

Jan 18, 2022 9:44:08 AM

In some cases Qlik Sense master measures used in charts included in Qlik NPrinting report templates are not expanded in the produced reports as described in the following community discussions:

Two workarounds:

• Replacing the master measures with their formulas or by
  • Performing the following steps:
  1. Make a backup copy of the file "C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Engine\Settings.ini" on your Qlik Sense server and place in a safe place
  2. As a Windows Administrator on the QS server, open in a text editor and navigate to "C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Engine\Settings.ini"
  3. Below "Settings 7", add a new line EnableRefMasterMeasure=1
  4. Save the file
  5. Restart Qlik Sense Engine Service
  6. If there are more than one Qlik Engine nodes, you must update the settings file on each of those nodes as well.

Note: The steps above may be performed on versions of Qlik Sense from the Feb. 2021 GA release and later versions. Previous versions of Qlik Sense do not support this Qlik Sense feature/option setting.

Related Community Discussion:

Internal IDs:

• OP-10002
  • QB-7912
Tags (1)
Comments
hudhud_hoda
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello @Ruggero_Piccoli ,  Hello Qlik sense support. 

I currently have the same problem with the master measures that i use in the title of the graph in qlik sense,   these master measures do not appear in NPrinting reports   😞  .

i have version qlik sense from 11.2021  and Nprinting from May 2021 .

I would like to know if this solution is still applicable or if there have been other solutions or updates  in Nprinting since your publication in Jul 2022 to fix this problem.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi @hudhud_hoda ,

Qlik NPrinting May 2021 is no more supported. I strongly suggest to start by updating your installation to supported versions of Qlik Sense and Qlik NPrinting, latest is better, and then test if the issue still persist. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

hudhud_hoda
Contributor II
Contributor II

thanks alot for your answer,
I will try to see if the solution of modifying the settings.init file works, while waiting for the update to the latest version QS.

Version history
Last update:
‎2022-07-28 12:19 PM
Updated by: