Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jackduring
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Color by expression using Bar & Area Chart

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to color by expression a dimension using the Bar & area chart, working on Qlik Sense April 2019, but I can't find the option in the color section.

Apparently it only allows to choose a predefined color scheme. Still, this option is not suitable for my purpose, since I have several dimensions values associated with specific colors that I have to recall also in other objects (e.g. table cells background). Strangely enough, the Bar & area chart is based upon an extension by Larry Woodside, which does allow for color by expression. However, I prefer to use the new native Sense object.

Do you have any idea of how to fix this?

Many thanks for your help and ideas.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Yes that is correct, they haven't added this for this chart. Please mark the post as solved that we know that it isn't available for now.

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Jack,

You mean something like this?

Qlik Sense Master Dimension.gif

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
Jackduring
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Jordy,

thank you for your reply.

I mean exactly the function that you posted, except that for the Bar & Area Chart that option is not available yet...

color.png

JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Yes that is correct, they haven't added this for this chart. Please mark the post as solved that we know that it isn't available for now.

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
yanf7
Contributor II
Contributor II

Is there any way to flag it to the developers of this extension to add this option?

Jackduring
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thank you for the suggestion.

The Bar & Area Chart from the April 2019 Release has been integrated inside Qlik Sense, so I think that maybe in some future release the custom color function would be added

adamjank
Contributor III
Contributor III

It's over a year since the updates and still there's no 'color expression' available

Certified QS BA / DA Developer
Looking for the QS workaround for missing object properties