Skip to main content

App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
Welcome to Qlik Community! Check out our new navigation! FIND OUT MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deepti_singh
Creator II
Creator II

Colors in drill down dimension

Hi,

I am using Qlik Sense Feb 2020 version. I have a requirement where, in a Treemap, I have one drill down dimension and one measure. The drill down dimension contains 4 fields (State, City, County and Zip Code) and each field has many values. I want to define unique colors to each value in the four fields and as the user drills down the color should change according to the given value. I can assign colors to the values and create a master dimension but I am using a drill down dimension and as far as I know, it doesn't have the "Value colors" option enabled for it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Deepti

Labels (2)
3 Replies
zhaofeng
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi

For a drill-down dimension with several fields,you cannot set a fixed color for a specific value in the specific field

deepti_singh
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Its sad to hear that its not possible at all, but isn't there anything that can be done? 

woutermak
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Any news?
If have a drill-down with two fields (State, City)
The states will have always have a unique color.
One I select just one state, I see directly my cities. The next thing will happen:

woutermak_0-1624878442010.png

Two values will have the same color. My problem is gone when I remove the drill-down and use only the city dimension.  The colors are perfect. But I have only the problems with the drill-down. Any solutions or thoughts?