Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deepti_singh
Creator II
Creator II

Colors in drill down dimension

Hi,

I am using Qlik Sense Feb 2020 version. I have a requirement where, in a Treemap, I have one drill down dimension and one measure. The drill down dimension contains 4 fields (State, City, County and Zip Code) and each field has many values. I want to define unique colors to each value in the four fields and as the user drills down the color should change according to the given value. I can assign colors to the values and create a master dimension but I am using a drill down dimension and as far as I know, it doesn't have the "Value colors" option enabled for it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Deepti

Labels (2)
3 Replies
zhaofeng
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi

For a drill-down dimension with several fields,you cannot set a fixed color for a specific value in the specific field

deepti_singh
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Its sad to hear that its not possible at all, but isn't there anything that can be done? 

woutermak
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Any news?
If have a drill-down with two fields (State, City)
The states will have always have a unique color.
One I select just one state, I see directly my cities. The next thing will happen:

woutermak_0-1624878442010.png

Two values will have the same color. My problem is gone when I remove the drill-down and use only the city dimension.  The colors are perfect. But I have only the problems with the drill-down. Any solutions or thoughts?