cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aknabe1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Combo Chart using Pick/Variable Logic vs. Alternative Dimensions

I am trying to create multiple combo charts on one sheet. Both the bar and line function properly when I use alternative dimensions but I do not want the user to have to select the same alternative dimension for each chart on the sheet. 

I would like to use buttons and variables but this logic for the combo chart dimension causes the line graph (line graph logic is the same for both graphs) to not function properly. (top image using alternative dimensions, bottom image using 1 dimension with pick variable logic). 

Looking to for alternative dimension selection on one graph to copy to all other charts on sheet or utilize buttons and pick variable function but have the combo chart line work properly. 

aknabe1_0-1655400563230.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

You will have to change your approach and use variables instead of alternate dimension

1) Create a variable, example :  vDimList( leave the definition empty)

2) Drag a variable input extension from to the sheet, this is what users will use to toggle between the Dimensions;  choose Variable vDimList

Display as buttons,  

Values: Choose Dynamic and assign values using below notation

Value~label :    'ActualField1Name~field_1_label|ActualField2Name~field_2_label| and so on'

in Chart

Add dimension as below

=$(vDimList)

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

You will have to change your approach and use variables instead of alternate dimension

1) Create a variable, example :  vDimList( leave the definition empty)

2) Drag a variable input extension from to the sheet, this is what users will use to toggle between the Dimensions;  choose Variable vDimList

Display as buttons,  

Values: Choose Dynamic and assign values using below notation

Value~label :    'ActualField1Name~field_1_label|ActualField2Name~field_2_label| and so on'

in Chart

Add dimension as below

=$(vDimList)

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.