Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daveatkins
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

breadcrumb for drilldown?

Is there a way to display the parents of a drilldown selection in a pivot table? For example, if I have Month/Country/State/City as a drill down dimension, when the user has selected through to Massachusetts, I want to be displaying "January - US - Massachusetts "somewhere and then listing the cities"

I think breadcrumbs like this are automatic on charts, but not for a table. It is confusing that when the user selects a state that state name disappears and a list of cities appears. I know, with multiple columns in a pivot table, this would display as expandable fields, but I do not want to clutter the screen with all the high level sibling parts of the hierarchy. In the case of geography is it easier to understand and go to the top of the screen and clear the state field, but my applicaiton has 3 fields that are not obvious so once a user has drilled down, they do not know how to "back out" without seeing what is selected next to the data.

Labels (1)
0 Replies