Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Combo chart - bar on no axis?

Hi,

I've made a combo chart with some variables in lines and one variable in bars.

Since one of the line variables is not of the same scale, I've made a secondary axis, and am perfectly able to assign that variable to it (see screenshot below).

line.png

However, choosing "Bars" as  the type of measure removes the option to choose an axis (see below):

bars.png

The biggest issue I have with this is that now, my bars are at a scale that corresponds neither to my primary nor my secondary axis!

Here, you can see an example where my bars variable (Actual Amounts) is of the same value as a line variable (here it's the orange line), but do not appear at the same level:

wrong_scales.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ivan_Bozov
Luminary
Luminary

Hi! First, you cannot have bars on a primary and secondary axis at the same time. That's why the secondary axis option disappears when you select bars. Second, on your screenshot it looks like the bars are on the primary and all other elements on the secondary axis. Can you post a sample app?

vizmind.eu

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Ivan_Bozov
Luminary
Luminary

Hi! First, you cannot have bars on a primary and secondary axis at the same time. That's why the secondary axis option disappears when you select bars. Second, on your screenshot it looks like the bars are on the primary and all other elements on the secondary axis. Can you post a sample app?

vizmind.eu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Ivan,

That was indeed the solution: I inverted the assignments between primary and secondary axes, and it turned out alright. I hadn't noticed that the bars were pinned to the primary one, since there was no indication of which one it was.