Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mfarsln
Creator II
Creator II

Compare between min, max and specific value in a line

Hi,

I have a table like below:

productsourcevalue
asource_110
asource_230
aspecific_source25
bsource_18
bsource_240
bspecific_source40

What i want to do is comparing min, max and specific_source's values in some visuals for all products. Which visual should i use in order to show products' values in one line? I don't want to use bar chart which shows three bars for each product.

Thanks in advance. 

9 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

What is the outcome you are expecting by providing the same set?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
mfarsln
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I want to analyze what is the minimum, maximum and specific_source's value for all products. I can achieve that in simple straight table but i want to visualize it. I tried stacked bar chart with 3 measures (min value, max value ,specific_source value), but it doesn't show each stack value, it only shows the total for 3 measure. So it doesn't help either.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Try with qlik sense latest version (2019 Jun +), you can enable 'segment labels' in stacked bar chart.

Capture.PNG

mfarsln
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi @tresesco,

Thanks for your answer. Is it possible to change measure sorting?

Ekran Alıntısı.PNG

What i want to do is that if db value (red) lower than max value (green) then it should be placed between white and green bars. If it is even lower than min value (white) then first bar would be the db (red).

Actually what i am trying to achieve is to get power bi's ribbon chart in qlik sense. Like below;

Ekran Alıntısı2.PNG

I'm adding sample data. Thanks.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Yes power bi ribbon chart is very helpful in such scenarios, and I don't know a similar qlik sense chart yet. However, you could search for extensions in qlik branch for a similar chart.  

Anil_Babu_Samineni

1) Three Gauge Charts

2) Create Waterfall Chart

3) Use extensions..

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
mfarsln
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Since there is more than 15 dimension values, can't use gauge or waterfall charts. And i couldn't find any extension for my needs as well.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I would suggest you to use Inline data like

Island:

Load * Inline [

Metrics

Min

Max

];

Then, Create Bar chart 

Dimension - Metrics

Expression - Pick(Match(Metrics, 'Min', 'Max'), Min(Value), Max(Value)…)

mfarsln
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Anil,

If i didn't have a product dimension your advice would work. But i already have a product dimension which i have to compare for all product's db values whether its between min and max values or not. And visualize it with any chart. I think there is no solution for this scenario in Qlik Sense.