Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rajjul
Partner - Contributor III

Connect Snowflake from Qlik Sense cloud Data Connection issue when displaying chart

Connecting from  Qlik sense Cloud  To Snowflake Cloud (running on Azure).

Normal query works well

Direct Query also works well.

But when try to use mix of Direct Query with Normal it gives error message like this.

rajjul_0-1660716610603.png

Is that normal ? Qlik sense not allowing to do both in the same App.

Any other possibilities to do both in the same App.. 

Some table need to be updated live (direct query) and some table need to be updated normal (qvd or something else).

Please let me know with example . Thank you in advance

Labels (4)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @rajjul,

It's a known limitation that if DirectQuery(LIVE mode) is used, all other requests are ignored. The error is coming from the engine itself. Currently, DQ and normal query processing cannot be mixed up. The only solution would be not to mix them up, unfortunately.

I have notified our documentation team to add this limitation here and it will be done in a coming few days: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/DirectQuery/limitations-...

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further concerns. 

Vinay

If this resolves your query, please click on "Accept as Solution" for confirmation. Thanks!

View solution in original post

rajjul
Author

Thank you Vinay for reply.

But how I can achieve that ? some other way ? like Direct Discovery ? or something else. If possible Please share with me . Thank you

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @rajjul,

It's a known limitation that if DirectQuery(LIVE mode) is used, all other requests are ignored. The error is coming from the engine itself. Currently, DQ and normal query processing cannot be mixed up. The only solution would be not to mix them up, unfortunately.

I have notified our documentation team to add this limitation here and it will be done in a coming few days: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/DirectQuery/limitations-...

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further concerns. 

Vinay

If this resolves your query, please click on "Accept as Solution" for confirmation. Thanks!
rajjul
Author

Thank you Vinay for reply.

But how I can achieve that ? some other way ? like Direct Discovery ? or something else. If possible Please share with me . Thank you