Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Create Filter

Hello,

I'm trying to create a filter where the following condition is met:  Ability to identify all Item Types where the Item Type is = A and the ID doesn't have multiple Item Types associated to it. 

ID   Item Type

1     A

2     B

3     A

3     B

3     C

4     A

4     B

5     C

6     A

In this case, I'd like for it to return

ID

Currently, I can use Item Type as a filter but if I select A it includes instances where other Item Types were associated to the same ID. If anyone has any suggestions that would be greatly appreciated. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be create a flag in the script:

Table:

LOAD ID,

[Item Type]

FROM...

Left Join (Table)

LOAD ID,

Count(DISTINCT [Item Type]) as Count

Resident Table;

May be now on the front end create a filter selection object using the following expression:

Aggr(Only({<Count = {1}, [Iten Type] = {'A'}>} [ID]), [ID])

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

Is this needed for selection or are you looking to create a chart where ID 1 and 6 are displayed? I guess provide some context of where it is needed to be used and may be we can offer some useful advice

Not applicable
Author

Sorry.  Yes, I need to be able to create a selection that will then only display ID 1 and 6 on a chart.   Currently, when I use a standard filter for Item Type it would return IDs for 1, 3, 4, and 6.  

sunny_talwar

May be create a flag in the script:

Table:

LOAD ID,

[Item Type]

FROM...

Left Join (Table)

LOAD ID,

Count(DISTINCT [Item Type]) as Count

Resident Table;

May be now on the front end create a filter selection object using the following expression:

Aggr(Only({<Count = {1}, [Iten Type] = {'A'}>} [ID]), [ID])

Not applicable
Author

I'll give this a shot in the morning.  My access to the server is off at the moment.  I really appreciate all of the help. If I can get it to work, I'll make sure to make the answer as correct.  Thanks again!

Not applicable
Author

Sonny -

I was able to get the load script but had to add a group by ID so it didn't return an invalid expression error during the load.  Thanks for your help!