Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Enriquemmesteo
Creator
Creator

Create Line Map visualization from coordinates

Hello everyone,

The case is this: 

We have a file with many fields with the information of train stations. Some of those fields relevant to this issue are "Station","Line","Latitude","Longuitude".

These coordenates belong to each of the stations. A line is conformed by various stations. Here is a little example:

STATIONS.JPG

What I currently do is add this line in the script GeoMakePoint([Latitude],[Longitude]) as Coordinates

and then in the map visualization I add Coordinates as point layer. If I have Coordinates in the data of the visualization it shows all the points.  If I use the Line as dimension, it only shows a few of the points.

But really what I need to do is create a line layer instead of a point layer on the map visualization. I need a visualization showing lines joining all the dots for each "Line". In the previous example it would show a 3 lines conformed by joining the coordinates of their stations.

Anyone can help me with this?

Thanks in advance!

Labels (3)
12 Replies
snowman
Contributor III
Contributor III

I got the solution. To modify the expression advised by @lironbaram , can add a column from the data file for station sequence (eg. Seq), then use Seq instead of Station as the sort order for concat():

='[[' & concat(Coordinates,',',Seq) & ']]'

Trick17
Contributor II
Contributor II

thanks a lot this was really helpful !!

Trick17
Contributor II
Contributor II

thanks, that was really helpful!